Monday, December 15, 2003

Feline Tolerance

I've had a great couple of weeks living as Ton and Alice's 'lodger', but as I waved them off on their travels yesterday afternoon I became the sole resident of their lovely apartment (with the exception of the two cats, Koe and Yoda!). They have a long journey ahead of them - Ton went off armed with nicotine patches to stop the 'cold turkey' effect on their lengthy non-smoking flight. I guess they're still in the air as I type, gradually making their way to the other side of the World. It's been really great getting to know them and they have been saintly in their tolerance of the scatty English girl that moved in to disturb their peaceful existence. I have been introduced to many friends and neighbours who have all been so sweet - I already feel that I am part of the community. I have also introduced Alice and Ton to the joys of blogging and they are now the proud owners of their own travel blog, through which we can track their progress.

I am totally head over heels in love with my temporary home. I've been craving my own space for the best part of a decade and here I am at last with all the space, peace and mod-cons that a girl could wish for!

The cats have decided to tolerate their new housemate. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they are pleased to see me when I enter, but at least they don't shoot out the catflap like they do when they hear the cleaner approach! I'm hoping our relationship will develop over the coming months, based on the fact that I am going to be the one with access to the tin opener.

No comments: