Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Glamour

Joy to the World!

Santa spread a little of his Christmas magic yesterday by dropping a pile of glistening pasnips at THREE of the Albert Cuyp market stalls. My mission is now complete and I can die a happy woman. Who needs expensive gifts at Christmas eh?

The root-vegetable-induced celebrations didn't last for long however, as Peter has been called into work (some emergency technical failure) and I've just spent the last hour cleaning an old oven that we've retreived from the shed. After buying a huge fresh turkey I was dismayed to find that it's so fat there was no room left in its shiny new baking tray for the roast potatoes. As we've only got a little plug-in combi oven I was forced to scrape off the life-forms growing in the old one and use it as a reserve. I have a horrible feeling that the tatties will have a faint aroma of 'mouldy shed' about them, but I'm trying not to dwell on it.

No comments: