Saturday, August 26, 2006

Calm Waters


Sailing Event Aug 06 071
Originally uploaded by Lucy Griffith.

Okay, so after all that moaning I thought I'd post in a more serene frame of mind.

The photo was taken during my first sailing experience, at Aalsmeer Sailing School, where I went on Thursday with a group of people from work for a couple of hours on the water.

The sun shone for us and the water was like glass so it was an extremely chilled-out evening. We didn't have too much wind in the sails, so it wasn't exactly a white-knuckle experience, but it was great being out on our little boat ('The Red Devil'). Our little group (an all-girl crew ) included an instructor, Saskia, who explained the basics. Not sure I quite grasped all the concepts, but I gather it's something to do with sail flappiness... or something like that....

No comments: