Friday, October 06, 2006

The Return of the Apartment Fairy

All change.

I'm crashing at my sister's place in London this week and am enjoying some time-out from the blur of changes that have been rapidly taking place in my life in the past weeks.

As I am now zonder Nederlander , I'm having to adjust to a 'single girl in Amsterdam' status again. It's sad, exciting, scary, liberating and strange all at once.

As much as I love our apartment, it is definitely a place for a two-person budget, so my first move was to engage in a flurry of property viewings, which made for a couple of crazy (and at times downright depressing) weeks but by luck my 'apartment fairy' waved her magic wand once more, and I stumbled across a lovely little one bedroom place near the Westerpark, which instantly shouted 'buy me, buy me'. So I did. As simply as that, I find myself a home-owner. Well, I will be by Summer next year (the current owners are due to move on by the end of April). In the meantime I am continuing the hunt for a temporary place to stay.

So I'm turning the page and starting a fresh chapter of my Amsterdam Adventures and am looking forward to creating my own story. Watch this space!

No comments: