Saturday, July 07, 2007

A soggy week

I'm getting used to having rainwater dripping off the end of my nose by the time I reach home these days, but this week has been exceptionally soggy.

As a cyclist in Amsterdam I'm accustomed to the rain and if I have the right gear on I actually don't mind it at all. However, the rain has been pouring by the bucket-load for weeks now and I think if it goes on much longer I'm going to develop webbed feet.

But for a change, it was lake water that was responsible for getting me drenched on Thursday. I organised a group sailing trip to Aalsmeer for people at work and for once the rain stayed off and the sun made an appearance. Made no difference though, as the waves were coming over the edge of the boat and smacking us in the face, much to the amusement of everyone. It's not too comfortable sitting in a puddle of water, but it was too much fun to notice too much.


Last night I went to an open air concert in the Westerpark (just at the end of my street) to see Keane. Of course, it rained all evening and we all got a soaking again, but the gig was great and everyone was in a good mood. I've got a sore throat from singing this morning, but just for a while... it has stopped raining....

No comments: