Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Beach volleyball without the sunburn

Last week's new 'Amsterdam Experience' was a visit to 'The Sand', a beach volleyball centre nowhere near a beach. In fact it was inside a warehouse in the middle of an ugly industrial estate, stuck out near to not-so-glamorous Sloterdijk station in the North of Amsterdam. The Dutch are very good at dumping some sand and a few potted palm trees where it suits them and creating their own seaside experience. In fact, they'd done a great job in creating a bit of an ambience, and although it wasn't quite Bondai beach, it was great to feel the sand between my toes and to make a brave (but not entirely successful) attempt at scoring some points in a mini-tournament played with my workmates.


I created my own mini Bondai beach on my bathroom floor on my return. You'd be amazed how much sand fell out of my surf shorts when I took them off for a shower. Oh, the glamorous life of us volleyball pro's....

3 comments:

wrlk said...

hello lucy!
i just stumbled upon your post about beach volley.. i know it's kinda old already but still i wanted to ask if you have more information about beach volleyball in amsterdam. i'm originally from austria and always played indoor as well as beach volley over there.. i'm currently searching for options to practice and play beach volley here in amsterdam.. it would be great if you could help me with this one.. thanks in advance.. take care, miro

mxo said...

hey wrlk,
hat einen ort gefunden? wuerde hier auch gern wieder spielen. Meine finger kribbeln schon :)
Waere klasee, wenn du dich meldest.

LG, mxo

Anonymous said...

It would be abundant if you could advice me with this one.. acknowledgment in advance..miami beach luxury condos