Sunday, March 25, 2007

Lucky Cow

I can't get enough of the mountains this year, and am a spoiled cow because I'm going for my third trip of the season this week. I'm going to squeeze three more days of snowboarding from my schedule before I return to the financial responsibility of a brand new mortgage and significantly less disposable income for a while (I sign for my apartment keys a week tomorrow!)

I just got back last weekend from a week in Champagny (just under La Plagne) with my family. I enjoyed blue skies every day, the chance to play with my nephew Oscar and to finally find my confidence on a board. I discovered the joy of snowboarding alone which significantly improved my ability to read a piste-map (I usually tag along like a lost sheep having no clue where I am).

The bus journey there was less exciting, mostly because the driver decided that his idea of DVD entertainment was to show us the safety film. Normally they show pretty terrible movies, but at least this takes my mind off the fact that my neck simply isn't designed for sleeping in an upright position. Lots of opportunity to chat in Dutch to my fellow passengers though, which was great practice (things are finally starting to improve at last with my feeble attempts at the language).

So next week it's Les Deux Alpes for more fun (and hopefully fresh powder and blue skies).
Life is pretty good!!

No comments: