Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Sleepy head

My sleep pattern always suffers when I swift over from late shifts to earlies on a tuesday night.

For some reason I woke with a start at 12.30 and spent the next four hours trying to calm down my overactive brain so I could grab some precious shut-eye before the 5.40 alarm call. Luckily my lovely colleague Lisa came to my rescue come late-afternoon (at the end of the shift) by creating a little bed in the massage room for me, complete with ambient lighting scheme and rolled-up towels for a pillow. We shared a hot chocolate and half an almond cookie each when I woke up half an hour later and suddenly the world felt like a perfect place again. I have the nicest work mate!

I was sufficiently recovered to attempt the weird poses in my yoga class (we have a visiting teacher come in to work). We seem to spend most of the class resting on our hands with our bums stuck up in the air, trying our hardest to elongate our hamstrings. What a strange way to spend an hour. It defies all logic, but it seems to make me feel good, so I'm not knocking it.

No comments: