Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Messing with my Head

Am back in NL, a little disorientated. This is partly because I've been making my brain ache by reading '101 Experiments in the Philosophy of Everyday Life' by Roger-Pol Droit on the journey. I'd recommend it if you don't mind freaking yourself out a little by re-examining mundane daily events until they start to mess with your head. I tried out exercise four: 'Let the World Last 20 minutes' during the time between boarding and take off and pondered the meaning of 'I' (exercise 3) in the departure lounge. I'm going to save exercise 96 'Kill someone in your head' for when I'm in a really bad mood.

The disorientation is also due to the fact that I've slept in four different places in five nights in the vain attempt to visit everyone I wanted to see. Exercise 8 ('Recall where you were this morning') is proving difficult at this point. Apologies to those I didn't get to - I promise to catch up soon.

It's late - time to hang up my clogs and dream of windmills.

No comments: