Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Not what you would call fluent, but getting there...

I apologise for my lack of blogness recently. It's all gone a little bit mad over the past weeks and I've barely had time to record it all.

The Dutch course passed in an ogenblik (one of my newly acquired words... a moment). I can't believe that the last lesson is on Friday. I'm going to miss the classes, but not the long hours spent ploughing through the homework after late shifts at work. However, I was rewarded for my hard work this morning when I got a comfortable pass mark in my exam and chocolate from my teacher!

I can now officially speak Dutch. I am proud to announce that I had my first conversation with a 'real' person today (albeit an extremely disjointed one). My chosen guinea pig was the cleaner from work. I had the choice between Dutch and Moroccan, and I guessed that the former would be slightly more productive.

No comments: