Saturday, October 11, 2003

Swanky New Pad

I'm very excited! I was hit by a bit of a bombshell earlier this week, when my flatmate told me that she was moving out in December. I can't afford to keep the place on by myself and didn't fancy being homeless just in time for Christmas, so I started making enquiries. On the positive side, t's just the excuse that I need to move into town - Zaandam is OK but it's just NOT Amsterdam.

By some miracle I've managed to find the perfect solution. A friend from work is going off travelling from December 'til March so she's asked me to take on her lovely apartment in town. Can't believe my luck. I will cut my travel time by hours per day, have my own lovely big space, a garden and even BBC television!! They're going to have to tear me out of there in March - I'll be clinging to the furniture by my fingernails....

Time to go and rescue my abandoned bike. Hope it's not been cleared by the police (they go round and cut bikes off railings from time to time to stop the place being taken over by rusty bicycles). Apparently they are worried that someone will plant a bomb in one. Seems like Mission Impossible to me.

No comments: