Sunday, October 12, 2003

Wasting my cash

Having ten minutes to spare at Centraal Station when waiting to meet friends today, I decided to have some passport photos taken for my new travel pass.

I scrambled around for four Euros in change, put them in the machine, opted for the 'four passport photos' button and sat down to wait. After a minute I realised this wasn't going to work, so I started pressing various buttons to try to find the 'give me my money back' option. The Dutch on-screen instructions were lost on me (despite having spent most of my waking hours over the past two weeks buried in 'Learn Dutch' text books. ) After hitting a few random buttons I decided to give up and try to find someone to give me a refund. As I stood up from stool the machine started to flash.

Five minutes later I was rewarded with four 'fun photo stickers'. Framed with hearts, flowers, little cupids and the words 'I love you' were four little pictures of my chest. Not sure that I'll be using those.

No comments: